As a company we are committed to implementing environmentally sustainable practices for our own operations and to assist our customers in their efforts to address their packaging concerns. NPP will contribute to the circular economy through four key strategies – Reduce, Recycle, Redesign and Renew.
NPP will work to identify opportunities to improve packaging efficiency, reduce overall packaging used and reduce waste such as energy and food.
- Increase the use of materials that can be recycled
- Increase use of products that are made from/contain recycled materials
- Encourage post-use recycling of NPP products
- NPP will consistently challenge materials, formats and resources and make adjustments to packaging design e.g. less use of materials, increasing the possibility of recycling, using biodegradable or compostable materials.
- Where possible NPP will source products produced from bio based raw materials rather than fossil based.
NPP will also minimize our impact on the environment by:
- Having an environmentally sustainable aware culture within the organisation
- Prohibiting the use of oxo-biodegradable material
- Working with suppliers who promote sound environmental practices
- Regularly monitoring our performance and exploring opportunities to improve our environmental footprint